How To Create A Decent 5th Grade Literary Essay
Most of the 5th grades students write literary essays after undergoing many hit and trials. Remember, planning is essential prior you jump to writing. Before creating the literary text, you need to go through it closely. Apart from that, understand the content thoroughly and then write the structure. Thereby revise and edit to make your composition flawless.
What to do before starting the literary writing?
- Make notes after referring various resources. It may include reference books, notebooks, class notes, writing folders, anchor charts, web links, online resources etc.
- It is necessary that students know how to make big story short revealing their best work. They should support their essay with proper evidences that complements their thought flow.
- Explore the construction and meaning of pieces of literature. The task is intricate.
- In the literary composition, you need to pay more attention to specifics like character, style, theme, tone, subtext etc.
- A literary essay may or may not be based on your interpretation. It could be mixture of various opinions and references.
The structure of the literary essay:
It is basically a 5 paragraph paper. Its chief elements are introduction, body part and conclusion.
- The introductory paragraph should support your arguments either via a relevant quotation, an anecdote, an interesting ironical statement; counter arguments, facts and questions, etc. By the time transformation is made from introduction to body paragraphs, the title of the essay should be mentioned.
- The body part has 3 paragraphs that offers proper arguments and reasoning with evidences. In the body paragraph, you need to include at least 3 main points while addressing the body explaining their significance. Each point will be written in a separate paragraph. Analyze various factors and closely go through the character development. Also focus on the fatal flaws and emphasize on elements that raise the quality of your work. Also focus on the setting and theme.
- Write conclusion at the end: The conclusion should be firm. Points should not be reiterated. Form a proper connection between introduction and conclusion parts.
- Take care of grammar: Write the literary writing in present tense. Write in third person’s voice. Do not use ‘I’ or ‘You’.
- Revise the content: Proofreading is mandatory. This aspect cannot be ignored at any cost to maintain the quality of writing.
- Use literary terms to make your essay more effective: It includes metaphors, allusions, hyperbole, simile etc.
Either present the context in terms of your view point or in terms of the character’s point of view.